The Simon family has decided to follow God's calling to adopt a little girl from Albania. Read more about our journey here.

Friday, November 12, 2010

V-A-C-A-T-I-O-N...In the Summer Sun

Today I am thankful for vacations.


New England vacation with Sweta - fall 2006


Hawaii vacation with the girls (Sweta, Sherry, and Gita [not pictured]) - December 2006


Prague vacation with Sherry - February 2007


Honeymoon Cruise - June 2008


Disneyworld with Robby, Sweta, and Blake - January 2009


Oregon vacation - June 2009


Daytona Beach vacation with the siblings - June 2010

Anyone that really knows me knows that I LOVE vacations! Every year I trade some of my salary for extra vacation days. Time away from work is invaluable to me.

I also love traveling, at least in the United States. I wanted to visit every state before I turned 30, but other more important things (like getting married) prevented that from happening. So now, I plan to visit every state when I run a marathon in it.

Traveling outside of the United States isn't as fun to me, because it stresses me out. If I don't know the language or have the proper currency, I get a little stressed. I did take a vacation to Prague once, and I have gone to China and Costa Rica for work, but I'd rather stay within the North American continent than go outside of it.

I love the beach. I don't care much for going in the water at the beach, but the fact that it is hot when I go to the beach makes the trip one to long for. I love running on the beach and doing other beach-related activities (like sand volleyball).

I am thankful that we can afford to take annual vacations. I'm thankful that, although my husband doesn't like to take off work, he goes with me and shares most of the vacation experiences with me. I can't wait until Alan is old enough to enjoy them also.


To see what others are thankful for today, visit:
Mallard Cove Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment