The Simon family has decided to follow God's calling to adopt a little girl from Albania. Read more about our journey here.

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Hole in the Ground??

Today I am thankful for pumbing and running water.



One of the great things about living in America is that we have modern plumbing.

I went to China in March of 2009, and was completely shocked at the bathrooms there.

Me at the Great Wall of China. No toilets there!

The hotel was nice and modern, but outside of that, the bathrooms consisted of a hole in the ground. I suppose it wouldn't be too bad if you only had to pee and if you were a guy. But as a girl, I was not about to try to figure out how to squat over a hole and attempt not to pee all over my pants. I held it all day until we were back in the hotel. I'm surprised I didn't get a UTI because of holding it so long.

I've also been on a mission trip with the youth choir where a hot shower was nowhere to be found. That has absolutely no appeal to me. I seriously feel sorry for people who have to live in those conditions on a regular basis.

I will go camping and sleep in a tent or on the ground if there are facilities that I can shower and use the bathroom in. Otherwise, you will not find me at a campsite.

Everyday during the winter, I love standing under the hot water of a good shower, and dread getting out into the cold air.

I am thankful for toilets. I am thankful for hot showers. I am thankful that I live in America.

To see what others are thankful for today, visit:
Mallard Cove Mommy

1 comment: