The Simon family has decided to follow God's calling to adopt a little girl from Albania. Read more about our journey here.

Thursday, November 18, 2010

Home is Where the Heart Is

Today I am thankful for work-from-home days.


This is obviously not me, but I thought it was a good picture of a home office

In the past I blogged about how I was thankful for my job and thankful for my boss and thankful for technology. Well, all those things come together to allow for today's topic. I have a job where I sit in front of a computer all day long. Because my boss is so awesome and technology is available, one day a week I work from home.

I get a lot done, both personally and professionally, when I work from home. I love that I can throw a load of laundry in and then go back to working. I love that I have very few distractions when I'm trying to get something done for work. But most of all, I love that I can be with my son all day long when I work from home.

I also get way more milk when I'm at home and around him than I do when I'm at the office. On weekends and on my work-from-home days, I can easily get 5+ ounces in a pumping session. When I'm at work, I'm lucky if I get 4 ounces.

I still have conference calls to get to and work to get done, but when I'm at home, I can cuddle with Alan in front of the computer while I'm doing those things. The only time I really can't do any work is when I'm feeding him. The rest of the time, he is content to hang out in his vibrating chair or under the activity gym or on my lap while I work.


To see what others are thankful for today, visit:
Mallard Cove Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment