The Simon family has decided to follow God's calling to adopt a little girl from Albania. Read more about our journey here.

Sunday, November 14, 2010

Gesundheit!

Today I am thankful for my health.



I have been blessed in this life with a pretty healthy body.

My mother prayed for all of us before we were born to have my dad's metabolism, and my siblings and I have always been a healthy weight.

I have an irregular heartbeat that I went to get checked shortly after I graduated from college. The cardiologist did an EKG and ultrasound on my heart. He confirmed that I did have an irregular heartbeat, but there was nothing else showing as being wrong with it. He told me "if you get dizzy or pass out, come back and see me. Otherwise, you should be fine." I've never had to go back.

I've had my share of injuries. I broke my ankle in two places when I was in fourth grade. The ER doctor set my foot incorrectly, so it didn't heal straight. But that doesn't even affect my running much.

I get colds usually once a year during either the fall or spring weather change. But doesn't everyone?

When I was pregnant, during the second prenatal appointment when the doctor was going over the results of the blood tests, she commented that I was the first healthy patient she had seen all day. And my appointment was at 4:30pm!

I've never had to have surgery. I've never been diagnosed with a major illness or disease. When I have allowed the doctors to take my blood to check my cholesterol and other things, everything has been normal.

My body has definitely changed since the pregnancy, but I am thankful that I have a healthy body that is capable of exercising and eating right to keep it that way.


To see what others are thankful for today, visit:
Mallard Cove Mommy

1 comment: