The Simon family has decided to follow God's calling to adopt a little girl from Albania. Read more about our journey here.

Saturday, November 13, 2010

I Scream, You Scream, We All Scream...

Today I am thankful for ice cream.



Ice cream is my all time favorite food. And don't tell me it's not a food and that it can't go on my top five favorite foods list. If I wouldn't become malnourished, I could eat ice cream for every meal.

I have a favorite flavor of almost every brand of ice cream. My all time favorite flavor of ice cream is Brusters' chocolate raspberry truffle. For those of you who have not had it, it is chocolate ice cream with raspberry jam and chocolate chips mixed in. It is so amazingly tasty! And, thanks to my sister, getting it on a waffle cone is my favorite treat.

If Ben and Jerry's is on the menu, Phish Food is the best. Phish Food (named after the band Phish, I think) is sort of like heavenly hash. It has chocolate ice cream with carmel and marshmellow goo swirls and chocolate fish-shaped chips. Delish! Ben and Jerry's used to have Bovinity Divinity, which I adored. It was white chocolate and milk chocolate ice cream mixed together with chocolate cow-shaped chips.

Mayfield has Extreme Moose Tracks ice cream. Regular moose tracks has peanut butter cups, but I do not like peanut butter. So Mayfield did it right by making extreme moose tracks and exchanging the peanut butter cups for fudge-filled cups. It is chocolate ice cream with chocolate fudge swirls and fudge-filled cups.

Kroger makes a great generic ice cream that my father-in-law has gotten me into. It is called Deluxe Churned French Silk and it is "light" ice cream. It is chocolate ice cream with chocolate chips and vanilla cream swirled into it.

Maggie Moos has great strawberry ice cream, so when I go there, I get the strawberry ice cream with strawberries, Oreo cookies, and fudge mixed in. I think it's called Strawberry Skydive.

When I go to Coldstone, I get the Mint Mint Chocolate Chocolate Chip ice cream. It is mint ice cream with chocolate chips, brownies, and chocolate syrup. Quite the tasty treat.

At Dairy Queen, the Choco Cherry Love blizzard is my fav. I discovered it a few years ago in February when they had that as their Blizzard of the Month. It is their soft serve vanilla ice cream with cherries and chocolate chunks mixed together. It is delicious!

I'm sure I could go on forever. So, what is your favorite ice cream? I'm open to suggestions. :)


To see what others are thankful for today, visit:
Mallard Cove Mommy

2 comments:

  1. Hey, what about custard? I am hurt that you didn't mention it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl, you and I are two of the same with this:
    Breyers: mint chocolate chip (I don't like the green stuff)
    Brusters: Key Lime Pie OR Coconut Chip
    Mayfield: CHOCOLATE
    Homemade: coffee with a touch of almond extract
    YUMMMMMM!

    ReplyDelete