Today I am thankful for my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.

I grew up in a Christian house. I went to church since I was a baby and was dedicated by my parents in a Methodist church. I accepted Christ as my savior when I was eight years old and was baptized by immersion in an Assembly of God church. I was a part of the youth group, youth choir, and Fellowship of Christian Athletes in high school.
I fell away from the Christian ways in college. I have always had a somewhat rebellious streak in me. I'm sure my mother would attest to that. I went away from home to North Carolina for college. I never found a church home there, and didn't really look all that hard. I jumped from boyfriend to boyfriend. I got married because I was jealous of my sister's wedding. That didn't last, and I was divorced by the age of 21. I drank, although I wasn't a huge drinker. Most of the time I was designated driver. But I did have several times where I got drunk. All in all, it was a very dark time in my life.
I moved back to Atlanta a year after college when I met a guy from the area and happened to get a job here around the same time. I moved in with him, but we never got married. He had a serious case of depression, and while we loved each other, the depression took its toll on the relationship.
We were living practically across the street from Dunwoody Baptist Church, and one Sunday, something told me to go. I felt very welcomed there, and started going regularly. I started going to one of their "Lifegroups" a Bible study group that met at someone's house on Thursday nights. The people in the Lifegroup prayed for me weekly.
While going to DBC and participating in the Lifegroup, I realized that my life had gone downhill and that I wasn't acting like a child of God. I broke off the relationship and moved out. I rededicated my life to Christ. In doing so, I felt freed from a bondage that I had been carrying since college. My life wasn't perfect after that, but I truly felt forgiven.
Through Jesus Christ's willingness to give his whole life for me by dying on the cross, I am saved. I am forgiven of the things I have done and the things I have yet to do. I am free to have a personal relationship with God.
My life still isn't perfect, and I sin everyday. But as I strive to be more Christ-like, He will help me.
To see what others are thankful for today, visit Mallard Cove Mommy's blog.

I grew up in a Christian house. I went to church since I was a baby and was dedicated by my parents in a Methodist church. I accepted Christ as my savior when I was eight years old and was baptized by immersion in an Assembly of God church. I was a part of the youth group, youth choir, and Fellowship of Christian Athletes in high school.
I fell away from the Christian ways in college. I have always had a somewhat rebellious streak in me. I'm sure my mother would attest to that. I went away from home to North Carolina for college. I never found a church home there, and didn't really look all that hard. I jumped from boyfriend to boyfriend. I got married because I was jealous of my sister's wedding. That didn't last, and I was divorced by the age of 21. I drank, although I wasn't a huge drinker. Most of the time I was designated driver. But I did have several times where I got drunk. All in all, it was a very dark time in my life.
I moved back to Atlanta a year after college when I met a guy from the area and happened to get a job here around the same time. I moved in with him, but we never got married. He had a serious case of depression, and while we loved each other, the depression took its toll on the relationship.
We were living practically across the street from Dunwoody Baptist Church, and one Sunday, something told me to go. I felt very welcomed there, and started going regularly. I started going to one of their "Lifegroups" a Bible study group that met at someone's house on Thursday nights. The people in the Lifegroup prayed for me weekly.
While going to DBC and participating in the Lifegroup, I realized that my life had gone downhill and that I wasn't acting like a child of God. I broke off the relationship and moved out. I rededicated my life to Christ. In doing so, I felt freed from a bondage that I had been carrying since college. My life wasn't perfect after that, but I truly felt forgiven.
Through Jesus Christ's willingness to give his whole life for me by dying on the cross, I am saved. I am forgiven of the things I have done and the things I have yet to do. I am free to have a personal relationship with God.
My life still isn't perfect, and I sin everyday. But as I strive to be more Christ-like, He will help me.
To see what others are thankful for today, visit Mallard Cove Mommy's blog.
That was a great post! Very open-I really enjoyed reading it! Beautiful picture also!
ReplyDeleteWOW! What an amazing journey. Thank you SO much for sharing. What a blessing.
ReplyDelete