The Simon family has decided to follow God's calling to adopt a little girl from Albania. Read more about our journey here.

Saturday, November 6, 2010

Pets are Babies Too

Today I am thankful for Nacho.



I got Nacho when he was a year old (eight years ago!). The reason his owners were getting rid of him was because they had too many dogs, and Nacho demanded more attention then they could give him. I still had my other chihuahua, Yoda, at the time, but her health was failing.

When I first got Nacho, he wasn't a very good dog. He was supposedly housebroken, but had accidents all the time in the house. He would get out and make a run for it. We lost him once, but luckily one of the nice neighbors found him and returned him to us. He couldn't walk on a leash, because he had never had to do so before. He was a bit of a menace.

Yoda died about six months after we got Nacho. As soon as Yoda died, Nacho became a different dog. Overnight, he became truly housebroken and never had an accident in the house again. He became much more calm. He was more loving. His personality completely changed.

Over the past seven years, Nacho has been a wonderful lapdog. He does demand a lot of attention, which was concerning with Alan joining the family. But he has been very good. He and Alan have pretty much ignored each other so far, and Nacho is still very jealous that Alan gets most of the attention. But he has not snapped or barked at Alan.

Nacho was my baby until Alan came. He still is one of my babies, and I love him very much!

To see what others are thankful for today, visit:
Mallard Cove Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment