The Simon family has decided to follow God's calling to adopt a little girl from Albania. Read more about our journey here.

Sunday, November 21, 2010

Say Cheese!

Today I am thankful for pictures.



I don't have the best camera, and I'm not the best photographer, but I love pictures. I love taking them. I love getting them taken. I love hanging them around my house. I love posting them on facebook.

Today, we are taking Simon family pictures, so it seemed appropriate that I blog about pictures. We are going to Portrait Innovations to get a picture of everyone in Rob's family (parents, sister and her family, and our family). We are also going to take our family picture that I hope to use in our Christmas card this year.

Pictures capture some of life's most precious moments. They are the only thing (other than the marriage itself, of course) that is really left over after the big wedding day event. They show how much a baby grows and changes over the first year of life. They allow others to participate in your life when they are far away.

If there is one thing that I could save if my house went down in flames (other than people and dogs, of course), it would be a box of CDs with all my digital pictures on them.

Unfortunately, my husband doesn't feel the same way, and is often reluctant to have his picture taken. I have to fight sometimes to get some good pictures of us and the things we do together. He's always saying that the camera steals your soul. But when he does manage to cooperate, we get some great shots! I'm hoping today's session will have some great results.

Here are some of my favorite memories:


Steak n Shake (my favorite restaurant) after dancing during ATLX 2007


We're engaged! 2007


Wedding on Sand Key Beach in Clearwater, FL, June 2008


Hiking in Alaska during our Simon family cruise 2008


Graceland with my best friend, Lisa, during Liberty Bowl weekend 2009


One of our many Braves vs Mets games


Oregon vacation 2009


My dad and me after the Richmond marathon, where I finally ran a sub-4 hr marathon!


Maternity picture while pregnant with Alan


Rob and Alan during Alan's first college game day


First picture capturing a reactive smile from Alan


To see what others are thankful for today, visit:
Mallard Cove Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment