In the past month, I have blogged about some of my favorite things: Pictures and Holidays. With Christmas coming up and a new baby in the family, Rob and I are planning on sending our first ever photo Christmas card. We had a great photo shoot with the whole family last Sunday and look forward to using some of those pictures for our card.
The concept of photo holiday cards immediately makes me think of the Friends episode – The One with the Creepy Holiday Card. In the show, Ross starts to panic when Mona gets an idea to send out a holiday card for the two of them, thinking that their relationship is starting to move too fast.
Perhaps the Christmas card is overdue in our case. We’ve been married now for almost three years and have never done a photo holiday card. Last year we received several of them from family and friends, and they are still decorating our refrigerator. Holiday cards are a great way to share your updated family picture with your friends and family, which is especially important with a growing, changing boy in our family now.
Shutterfly has always been our “go-to” printer for photo books and birth announcements.
• When Rob and I had our first dating anniversary before we got married, I made him a photo book that showed all the things we did during our first year together.
• For our wedding, we used Shutterfly to create our guest book. I put together a book showing each of us separately from birth to when we started dating, added the story of how we met, and included pictures of us while we were together. At the end, I had lines where guests could sign and add comments for us. It is such a great keepsake now, and I will probably pull it out to use again as a guest book for parties on our significant anniversaries (like 20th, 30th, etc).
• When Alan was born, I created our birth announcements using Shutterfly.
With a history like that, we will probably use Shutterfly again for our holiday cards. They have a wonderful selection of designs, and I know their products are great quality products. I particularly like this card because it is a 5x7, which is a normal photo size that we could put in a frame. It also allows for two pictures and has the year in the top corner.
If you didn’t get a birth announcement from us, it is probably because we don’t have your most current address. If you’re interested in getting a Christmas card from us, please send me your address!
No comments:
Post a Comment