The Simon family has decided to follow God's calling to adopt a little girl from Albania. Read more about our journey here.

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Measurements

This is week 10. I am currently 9 weeks and 1 day pregnant.

Since I am (perhaps overly) obsessed with health and weight management, I take my measurements every now and then to see how I'm doing. I've been doing this since 2008.

The baby is only about an inch and a half big right now, and my uterus is the size of a grapefruit (so they say). I'm not visably showing from the outside when I have clothes on. However, if I take my clothes off, you can definitely see a bit of a bulge beginning.

Before I got pregnant (October 29th, 2009) my measurements looked like this:
Waist - 24.5"
Bust - 30.5"
Hips - 36"
Theighs - 36"
Weight - 115 lbs. The weight figure is without clothes. This fluctuated a lot, based on the time of day and time of month. It would be anywhere from 115 to 119 in any given day.

The week that I found out that I was pregnant, I took my measurements again. I decided I'd try to do this at least once a month starting out. Maybe I'd do it with the same frequency as my doctor's appointments.

Week six of my pregnancy (December 24, 2009) my measurements looked like this:
Waist - 25.5"
Bust - 32"
Hips - 35"
Theighs - 35.5"
Weight - 120 lbs
I had gone up an inch in my waist, an inch and a half in my bust, and gone down in both hips and theighs (which I'm perfectly fine with!!) I believe this weight figure is with clothes, but without shoes. Unfortunately, I didn't weigh myself as I normally did this time.

Week ten (today) I took my measurements again. This is what they look like now:
Waist - 27"
Bust - 32.5"
Hips - 35"
Theighs - 36.5"
Weight - 119.2 lbs
So, my waist and bust have continued to grow. My theighs went up this time, much to my dismay (why do your theighs grow when pregnant?).

My pants are definitely tighter than normal. It is hard for me to wear jeans now and sit down. I'm fine when I stand up or lay down, but sitting is not easy. Luckily my work pants aren't uncomfortable to wear yet.

After I eat a regular-sized meal, my belly sticks out a lot. It looks like Thanksgiving dinner every time. I guess there is no where else for my food to go anymore with my uterus in the way. I've also had some gas problems (TMI?) that make me bloated and my belly big.

It's amazing how many changes your body goes through during this process. I'm just hoping I can finish the Myrtle Beach Marathon in a few weeks.

1 comment:

  1. Loving the updates!! It's is going to be so much fun seeing you pregnant and showing!! Can't wait to see you! I am empathizing with you as I read these! Know how you feel. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete