Well, I think we found it - the house that we are actually going to buy!
Friday, we went looking at several other houses with our realtor. I figured, just in case the bank doesn't accept our offer for the Georgetown Park house, we don't want to put all our eggs in one basket. Especially since, house or not, we have to move out of our apartment by March 5th.
We looked at seven different houses in the course of 2.25 hours. It was quite a whirlwind. The second to the last house was what we dubbed "Grandma's house," also known as the house at 4877 Duncan Wood Drive in Duluth.
Grandma's house got its name from 1) the floral wallpaper and quilts on the beds, and 2) the pillow on the couch that said "Grandmas are Love." It pretty much just looks like a grandma's house - comfy and cozy.
I love it! It has four bedrooms and two full baths upstairs, a partially finished basement with enough room for a workout room and extra spare bed, a nice open kitchen with lots of cabinets and counter space, a fenced in backyard, a breakfast area and formal dining room, and a sitting room that we will make into an office. There are half baths on both the main and basement levels. For pictures, check out this website. I didn't take any of my own pictures because there were so many homes we saw that night.
The other house (Georgetown Park) is in a better location (for both schools and commute to work) and we would have more equity starting off, since it is a short sale. But there's no guarantee we will be able to get it and/or close when we want to. Alternatively, Grandma's house just makes me feel good inside. When I saw the house, I just knew that was where we should be. I hadn't felt that way with any of the other houses we have looked at.
So, now we start the paperwork. We have to withdraw our offer on the other house and submit an offer for Grandma's house. All this, and our realtor just went on vacation for ten days in Miami. So we will have to work with her remotely or work with her co-worker, whom we've never met.
Either way, I am excited about possibly calling Grandma's house my home.
No comments:
Post a Comment