I have wanted to live in Tampa for the past two years. Every time it gets cold (which does happen in Atlanta), I am wishing I was in Tampa. No matter how cold it is in Atlanta, it's usually about 20 degrees warmer in Tampa.
We have been doing some praying and seeking God's will for where we should live. At this time, we feel he is wanting us to stay put.
With that being said, we have started the search for the perfect home to raise our new baby. We have decided mostly on the Duluth/Norcross area for a couple of reasons:
1. Duluth is where Rob's parents live. Although I wouldn't ask them to do anything that would put a burden on them or create any arrangement that couldn't be easily dissolved, it would be really nice if his mom could help with childcare a couple days during the week. If nothing else, they are close-by to provide weekend babysitting services as needed.
2. Norcross is where our church is. I would love to be in a community where I could feel comfortable inviting people to church. Where we live now, I can invite people to church, but they would have to drive 20 minutes to a different city, which seems kinda silly when there are other churches closer to them. I feel I could be more effective in outreach if I lived in the community that I go to church in.
3. There are options available in Duluth/Norcross area in our price range.
What we are looking for is a 3+ bedroom, 2.5+ bath house with a basement (preferably finished so I can put a workout room down there), a fireplace (preferably woodburning with a gas starter), that isn't too old (maybe built in the 80s or after), with lots of closet space. Closet space is key! I also prefer an electric range and plenty of counterspace in both the kitchen and bathrooms.
That's a lot to ask for under $200k - even in this economy.
We had five picked out to look at yesterday. Unfortunately, our favorite house was put under contract on Friday, so that one was marked off the list. Our realtor couldn't get in touch with the seller for one of them. So we looked at the other three.
3344 ROUNDFIELD CIRCLE, Duluth
The house was nice, but not exactly what we were looking for. There was a lot of water from the snow that was draining down the yard and into the garage, so that was a concern.
4500 Hopkins Run Dr, Duluth
Better than the last house. Actually the best of the three. But the closet space was lacking big time. So on to the next one.
4674 Rippling Brook Ct, Norcross This house actually had the best floorplan, but was in a bad neighborhood. The house looked like a foreclosure, as it wasn't cleaned at all.
So three strikes so far and our search continues.
We found some more that we are interested in and hope to see sometime in the near future:
1. 6120 Georgetown Park Drive, Norcross is in a great location, but is a short sale. Our realtor said that short sales take 2-6 months to close. We think it goes into foreclosure if there's not an acceptable offer by Friday, so we may look at it after that.
Others we like are:
2. Duncan Wood Dr
3. E Meadow Dr
4. Honeycomb Way
5. Scotts Mill Run
More to come as details unfold.
No comments:
Post a Comment