The Simon family has decided to follow God's calling to adopt a little girl from Albania. Read more about our journey here.

Thursday, January 7, 2010

First Official Appointment

Today Robby and I went to the doctor's office for our first official appointment.

Everything is going well so far. The baby is the right size (measurements estimate it to be 7w3d - one day smaller than the due date based on my LMP). It's in the right place. The heartbeat is 170bpm. Everything went smoothly...until the bloodwork.

OMG, can you say "torture?" How many stinkin' viles are you going to fill up? I don't have THAT much blood!

Truth be told, I cried through the whole experience. Robby was sitting next to me holding my free arm as I sobbed into his shoulder. If there is anything that will keep me from even thinking about having another baby, it is the bloodwork.

I can take pain. I have run marathons and lived to tell it. Those last few miles are pure torture with every muscle in your body aching and your lungs feeling like they are burning out of your chest (at least my first marathon was like that). I know it is going to be painful to push this darn baby out of my tiny little body. But that doesn't scare me. It's the needles that scare me.

According to the midwife, she has done totally natural births with no IVs and no needles with healthy, low-risk pregnancies. That is what I'm shooting for. You better not come near me with a needle unless I am about to actually die. And don't even think about bringing the scalpal. Hmm-mmm, not gonna happen.

Anyway, here are the pictures from the ultrasound.



No comments:

Post a Comment