The Simon family has decided to follow God's calling to adopt a little girl from Albania. Read more about our journey here.

Friday, July 16, 2010

Sleepless Night and Sharp Pains

10:08, 11:44, 12:38, 2:03, 3:36, 4:00

Those are the times that I looked at the clock last night. I don't know if I slept at all or I just laid in bed all night. If I did sleep, it certainly wasn't for very long. When the alarm went off at 4am this morning, I was already awake. I just rolled over and turned the alarm off.

I went to the bathroom twice last night - the 11:44 time and the 3:36 time.

There was one point (the 2:03 time) where the baby seemed to be sitting on my ribs. I had to sit up in bed for a while. I thought this was odd because he has seemed to be situated so low in my abdomen. But somehow, however I was laying, he was either pushing up at my ribs with his feet or something.

I wonder how many times I will almost fall asleep at my computer today.

I've also been having sharp pains in my pelvis. Most of the time it is on the right side. I'm sure this is just my pelvis expanding and preparing for baby to come. Yesterday, I walked to my car after work and had a sharp pain directly in the middle down there. It was enough to cause me to gasp, reactively. They only last a few seconds and then it's back to normal.

I also had some spotting again yesterday. The baby has been moving, although it is not as often as he used to. He must be running out of room and sleeping longer these days.

Two and a half more weeks before he is considered "term" at 37 weeks. He needs to stay put until August 1. Then he can come whenever he wants!

No comments:

Post a Comment