This pregnancy has gone from awesome to bad to worse.
I got my test results back from the doctor's visit on Friday. It turns out I'm GBS positive. That means if I deliver at the hospital, I will have to have an IV so I can get antibiotics. That also means that if I deliver at home, we will have to watch the baby very closely for signs of strep. Strep has no affect on momma, but can be deadly for baby.
I am going to call the homebirth midwife today to see what she thinks about the situtation and if we are going to have to change our plans any.
I also had Braxton-Hicks contractions all weekend. They don't ever seem to happen at night when I'm in bed, but anytime I'm sitting or standing, they happen. Yesterday, Sherry and I started timing them. They were about 20 minutes apart. I think they were more frequent on the monitor on Friday, so perhaps I am missing some in between thinking they are just the baby pushing up at me.
This morning he looks even lower than yesterday, and my brests and nipples look like they grew overnight. I can put my whole hand between my brests and the top of my uterus, and it is very difficult for me to close my legs anymore.
Tuesday we have our regularly scheduled appointment with Kaiser, so I'm sure they will check me again. I want to find out if all those Braxton-Hicks contractions that I've been having are actually doing something. After that appointment, though, I will refuse all internal exams until I actually go into labor. Once I hit 37 weeks, I don't care how I'm progressing because it will be safe for the baby to come out at any time.
Six more days until I'll be 37 weeks. Let's see if Baby Simon can stay in that long.
No comments:
Post a Comment