The Simon family has decided to follow God's calling to adopt a little girl from Albania. Read more about our journey here.

Monday, July 19, 2010

Good Days and Bad Days

Saturday was a bad day, in the running department. We had a baby class to go to at Northside at 9am, so I didn't have time to go out to the trail. Instead, I decided to attempt 8 miles on the treadmill. I ran 1.5 miles and then had to stop for a bathroom break. I noticed a significant amount of spotting, so I decided to just walk the remaining time I had available. My full distance was still 6 miles, but it is frustrating that I couldn't even run more than 1.5 miles without the spotting.

The spotting stopped Saturday night. I didn't have any yesterday. Today I decided I would try running again and see if I bled again. I ran 1.5 miles as I had on Saturday before a bathroom break. This time - no spotting! Yay! So today was a good day. I finished my normal 3 mile weekday run without any incidents.

The midwife mentioned at our last appointment that my placenta is fairly low - only 2.3 cm above my cervix - which could be the cause for some of the spotting. If the baby moved or kicked at it too hard, I could easily spot. She also said that this will probably mean a lot of bleeding during delivery, but not enough to worry about. She's delivered others with similar situations in the past.

We have our next appointment with her today.

No comments:

Post a Comment