We had our appointment with the midwife yesterday. It was the first appointment in two weeks, as we had last week off. After having an appointment with either Kaiser or the homebirth midwife every week for the past month, it was a little weird to have a week off.
What did we do with our week off? We visited three daycares and interviewed a pediatrician. I believe we have decided on a pediatrician. The one we interviewed last week was very nice, and does circumcisions. We will probably do our first office visit with him and have Baby Simon circumcised around the first week of life. After that, we will probably go with the other pediatrician we interviewed, simply because he is closer to home than this last one.
As far as daycares, WOW! They are expensive! The cheapest one we found is $1015/month for one newborn child, and they don't offer part time (3 days/week). The other two do offer part time for a little cheaper, but it really isn't much cheaper (about $200 or so) because they still have to hold the space. Each infant has their own crib that they don't share with anyone else for sanitation purposes. So even if they are only watching the baby three days a week, they still can't accept any other babies during the off days.
I found a couple of home daycares on craigslist, so we are going to look at one of them next week. One of our neighbors also mentioned possibly getting some people together and getting a shared nanny. We will probably look into that also.
Anyway, back to the appointment yesterday. It went very well. I'm measuring about a week behind at 34 cm for height. I weighed 148lbs, so based on my very first prenatal appointment, I've gained 26lbs so far. The baby is still in a good position - head down, anterior. And the heartrate was 122 bpm. My blood pressure was also very good at 122/65 - even through I drove to the appointment (Rob usually drives) and was a little stressed about making it on time. My pulse was also low 60s. Our next appointment with her will be our homevisit on August 4th at 37 weeks and 3 days.
My next Kaiser appointment is scheduled for next Tuesday. I should be getting the Group B Strep test done at that appointment. That will be the last major test I'll have done before labor.
No comments:
Post a Comment