The Simon family has decided to follow God's calling to adopt a little girl from Albania. Read more about our journey here.

Friday, July 23, 2010

Cramps

First of all, if you do not want to hear about gross pregnancy stuff, stop reading now. This is not the blog for you.

The past two days I've been having cramps. They feel a little like the major gas pains I had toward the beginning of my pregnancy, where I had to lay down and have Nacho or Rob push on my stomach. The cramps are sharp pains right at the bottom of the baby bump near my pelvic bone. They don't last more than a few seconds and then are gone. So far, they've only happened when I'm standing up or walking around. I don't get them when I'm sitting down.

I decided yesterday to try to go to the bathroom and see if they would go away. Well, not much happened in the gas department, but I did have some pea-sized clumps of blood come out instead. Along with them, my toilet paper was streaked with blood when I wiped. This could possibly have been due to my straining to try to get any "gas" out.

The rest of the night, while Sherry and I were watching a movie, I was having Braxton-Hicks contractions. Very uncomfortable and annoying.

I called the advice line at Kaiser, and the nurse that called me back didn't seem too concerned about the blood clumps. She said that if I had heavy bleeding that soaked a pad to call back. I didn't have any more bleeding or spotting after the blood clumps came out, so I suppose I'm fine.

One of my facebook friends has been having cramps too, and her doctor said it was just her cervix softening. If it's the same thing with me, that's just fine. As long as my cervix doesn't soften enough for the baby to come out before August 1st. I'm determined to have an August baby. No NICU for him!

No comments:

Post a Comment