The Simon family has decided to follow God's calling to adopt a little girl from Albania. Read more about our journey here.

Monday, July 12, 2010

Everything is slower when you're 8 months pregnant

Walking is slower. Getting out of bed is slower. Getting out of a chair is slower. Running a mile is slower. Time goes by slower. Pee comes out slower.

I feel like I am in slow motion.

I didn't sleep well last night. We went to bed probably around 9:30 or so. I woke up at midnight to go to the bathroom, and then couldn't get comfortable. I probably laid awake trying to figure out how to be comfortable for two hours or so. Then I decided to pee again. I finally fell back to sleep, but when I woke up, I felt like I had been hit by a bus. Why can I not sleep?

I had what I assume will be my last baby shower yesterday. We got a lot of great stuff, and I'm so thankful for my mother-in-law and sister-in-law who hosted and all the friends from church who came. I can't believe how expensive a baby is and how much stuff you have to have!

We still need to get some essential items: bottle warmer, diaper pail, diaper bag, and a bouncer (I find the bouncer to be essential because of my running - the doctor said the baby would prefer a bouncer over a swing because he is used to the bouncing movement of my running). There are also several things for the nursery that I would like to get but that are more nice-to-haves than essentials, like valances for the windows, a mobile for the crib, and a changing table tray.

Six more weeks until the due date.

No comments:

Post a Comment