We had our appointment with our homebirth midwife yesterday. Last week at Kaiser, I weighted 145 lbs. This week I weigh 144.5 lbs. Not a lot of weight loss, and the weight was measured on different scales, but if I'm supposed to be gaining a pound a week at this point, I should be at 146. Also, when she measured me, I was measuring a centimeter behind - 31 cm instead of 32 cm.
She didn't seem too concerned, although she pointed it out. She said sometimes, once they descend into the pelvic bone, they will measure shorter just because it's harder to get an accurate measurement.
I had some glucose in my urine again, but my blood pressure was 108/68. Still no major concerns.
We talked about water birth, and I'm officially convinced to purchase the birthing pool. Even if I decide not to use it at the time, I'll have it to use as a kiddie pool when Baby Simon is old enough, and at least I'll have the option. It isn't very expensive anyway.
We set our home visit appointment for August 4th at 4pm. Everyone who is planning on being at the birth should try to attend. I know this won't be completely possible for those who are from out of town that may come, but it is an opportunity for Debi to meet everyone and for everyone to meet her. Also, if anyone has any questions or concerns about the homebirth situation, she is welcome to answer anything.
No comments:
Post a Comment