The Simon family has decided to follow God's calling to adopt a little girl from Albania. Read more about our journey here.

Monday, June 28, 2010

So Uncomfortable!

It seems like all I do these days is complain, but I am just so uncomfortable. My little body can't take much more of this. I'm 32 weeks along today, so I still have 8 weeks left.

For the past two nights I have woken up every two hours. My body is super stiff and my back hurts like crazy. I roll over and change positions and try to go back to sleep. Going back to sleep usually isn't too hard, but then I wake up again after about two more hours stiff and hurting again.

Once I get up and move, the stiffness goes away, but today my backache never left me. So I'm sitting at work with a sore back wondering if I will ever be the same again.

All I want to do is sleep. I know it's just going to get worse when the baby gets here. Can't I have a break before he comes?

We finished painting the nursery walls on Saturday evening. After inspecting the dry paint last night, we were satisfied with the job and took the tape off the walls. Most of the walls were fine, but in a few spots, the paint started coming off with the tape. ARGH!

The trim looks pretty bad. The previous owners did a horrible job of taping when they painted that ugly brownish color, so a lot of the trim has that brownish color on part of it. At some point, maybe during maternity leave, I will have to tackle that. This time around, I am going to go one section at a time and take my time doing it.

Next Monday the carpet cleaners come to clean and sanitize the carpets. Then we'll set up the nursery.

No comments:

Post a Comment