We had our second homebirth midwife appointment yesterday. It was much shorter than the last one, but she still spent a good amount of time with us answering questions and getting to know each other.
I am measuring 30 inches, which coincides with the number of weeks I am, so that's good. The baby's heartbeat was around 150. My blood pressure was up a little compared to last time, but still in the normal range. I gained two pounds since last week.
She said that she was not concerned about me having Gestational Diabetes. I will officially decline the test from Kaiser at my next appointment.
Unfortunately the baby has turned and is currently in an anterior breech position. She didn't seem concerned about that, since we still have 10 weeks to go and there's "still plenty of room in there." She said she would start getting concerned if he was still breech at 39 weeks. She told us of some things we could try to get the baby to turn - putting a bag of frozen peas right below my ribs (the baby will try to get away from the cold), putting headphones down near my pelvis (the baby will go toward the music), etc.
Last week the Kaiser midwife said that the baby would probably turn one or two times between last week and labor, so I'm not really worried at this point either. There is still a lot of time left.
In other news, I am about to grow out of my first maternity shirt. I'm feeling very cramped in there and my ribs are being pushed on. I still have that numb spot right below my ribs that no one can tell me the reason for.
It is getting harder and harder to bend over. I can't see my feet when I look straight down. I am going to attempt to paint my toenails tonight, but I don't know if I'll be able to reach them anymore :(
No comments:
Post a Comment