The Simon family has decided to follow God's calling to adopt a little girl from Albania. Read more about our journey here.

Friday, June 18, 2010

Lack of Motivation

I'm having one of those days where I just can't seem to get motivated to do anything. I'm sitting at work with no meetings and nothing really going on. I have an hour and a half left before I feel I can leave and have my 40 hrs in this week.

That numb spot I had earlier is not feeling well right now. The skin is still numb, but underneath is a horrible stretching feeling. The baby is pushing on my ribs and it is very uncomfortable. My ribs are so tender, they feel like they are bruised. I still have two more months left.

When I have to pee, the pee just seems to trickle out so slowly. I don't know if it is because the baby is putting pressure on my pee tube (what is that called)? Maybe it's because of the Kegal exercises I'm doing twice daily now? Sometimes the pee comes out so slowly that I can't hear it in the toilet and don't even know if it is still coming out or if I'm finished peeing. I still have two more months left.

I've gained back my exhaustion that I felt during the first trimester. I feel like I could just close my eyes and fall asleep at any time. This is especially alerting when I'm driving. I stop at a red light and close my eyes and just want to fall asleep. I think this comes partially from waking up so much during the night to pee, or having some nights were I just can't fall asleep. I still have two more months left.

I am hearing more and more about friends who have already had their babies. I know the exhaustion probably only gets worse after you have the baby, but at least you don't have some creature kicking or head-butting you in the ribs.

I remember the time where I was excited to feel the baby kick. Now I just wish he would stop. Not for real, because I don't want him dead. I put seven months into this already. But just stop hurting me and bothering me so much! Is that too much to ask? I still have two more months left.

Why can't pregnancy be seven months? Why can't babies be fully developed at 4 lbs? If this were the case, I bet we would be overpopulated by now, because it would be so much easier.

I still have two more months left. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment