The Simon family has decided to follow God's calling to adopt a little girl from Albania. Read more about our journey here.

Monday, April 5, 2010

Emotional Easter

Yesterday was an extremely emotional Easter service for me. It probably had a lot to do with my pregnancy hormones, but I cried three times during the service. All of these were tears of joy, of course. Rob's parents purchased an Easter lily in honor of Baby Simon, and when I saw that in the bullitin, I cried. When we sang Amazing Love, I cried. When the paster shared a story about a little Down Syndrome boy and how he really knew the meaning of Easter better than his classmates, I cried. I probably looked a mess!

But Easter and the Day of Atonement for me are two of my favorite days of the year. They really make you stop and think about the huge sacrifice that Jesus made for us on the cross, and about His ultimate power over death and Hell to bring us into a relationship with God. We cannot stop to thank Him enough for the pain, torture, humiliation, and rejection by God that He had to go through to take on our sins as the perfect sacrifice.

No comments:

Post a Comment