The Simon family has decided to follow God's calling to adopt a little girl from Albania. Read more about our journey here.

Friday, April 16, 2010

Urine Overload!

Oh my goodness! How much urine can a one-pound little creature make?!? My bladder can only hold so much, and I don't feel like visiting the bathroom every hour.

During my first trimester, my trips to the bathroom increased. I was going every hour or two. I can completely understand that. 1) My body wasn't used to the extra production of urine and my kidneys were working overtime, 2)I started drinking more water, bringing a jug to work each day, so that I would get enough fluids for the baby, and 3)the baby was situated low in my body, so he was closer to my bladder.

The frequent bathroom trips slowed down to normal by the beginning of the second trimester. My body got used to it and the baby moved up to around my belly button and not so much on top of my bladder.

But all of a sudden, in the past two days, I have had to pee constantly! And when I go to the bathroom, it's not like there is just a few drops to come out. I feel like I'm sitting there for five minutes straight with pee coming out.

I am so over this pregnancy thing. What do I have...four months left still?? Sigh...

No comments:

Post a Comment