The Simon family has decided to follow God's calling to adopt a little girl from Albania. Read more about our journey here.

Monday, March 29, 2010

Sick and Bleeding from Everywhere

First of all, there is no need for concern. The title is a little misleading.

Last week I traveled to Dallas for work. While there, I started feeling congested and just generally yucky. I couldn't sleep a couple of days because I had to get up ever few minutes to blow my nose. It was no fun.

I assumed it was just allergies. I don't normally have bad allergies, but do get them mildly in the spring. I was hoping the congestion would go away when I got back to Georgia.

No such luck. I'm not feeling as bad as I did in Dallas, but I'm still congested and now have a bit of a cough starting too. I don't want to take anything because 1) even if it's supposedly safe for pregnancy, it's still an adult dosage, which isn't good for a human being that is only half a foot long and half a pound heavy, and 2) a child's dosage wouldn't work well enough for me.

Yesterday, I blew my nose, and tons of blood came out.

I don't ever remember having a bloody nose before. I remember Amy having them often growing up in Ohio, but I wasn't ever a victim. I may have had one here and there and just not remembered, but it sure didn't happen often.

So now, I'm spotting off and on, bleeding from my nose when I blow it hard, and bleeding when I poop.

I really don't like this whole having double your normal volume of blood thing.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, darling!! Use a neti-pot!! Have you ever tried one? You can get them at Walmart; they're on the bottom of the shelf in the cold section, and you just basically pour salt water up your nose and it cleans it out and hydrates it so that it's not so dry up there. It doesn't hurt either. They are amazing!! Try it!!

    ReplyDelete