The Simon family has decided to follow God's calling to adopt a little girl from Albania. Read more about our journey here.

Friday, December 17, 2010

Santa Came Early

Everyone at my job gets two weeks of vacation. Coming from public accounting where you get four weeks after about two years of service, I was able to negotiate an extra week when I started my current job. I then purchase an extra week of vacation each year, because I value time off way more than I value salary. And in 2010 we get three personal holidays since there were only seven company holidays.

That gives me a total of 184 hours of paid time off.

I thought that with my two weeks that I took off after maternity leave, the few random days here and there, and my one week that I took for our last childless vacation, I would have no more vacation time left.

Well, think again. I sat down and figured out my vacation/personal days today, and I still have 40 hours that I hadn't accounted for!! That means that I only have to work two more days this year!

You don't understand how absolutely giddy I am right now! I feel like dancing around the office.

Whoo-hoo! Vacation!!

No comments:

Post a Comment