The Simon family has decided to follow God's calling to adopt a little girl from Albania. Read more about our journey here.

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas

Other than the cold weather, this is the most wonderful time of the year. I love Christmas and the Christmas season.

We had our family portraits taken on November 21st. They turned out beautifully, if I do say so myself.



We ordered our Christmas cards. Actually, I am a sucker for pictures, so I ordered three different Christmas cards. One is a postcard (to save on postage costs), which will be sent to a majority of our list. Two are actual Christmas photo cards to be sent to family. They all have the above two pictures in them. I'm so excited to get them out in the mail!

On Monday the 29th, I went to Target after work and got all the trimmings for our Christmas tree - the first Christmas tree in our new house. I decided the tree would have purple and silver decorations. We put the tree up that night, but didn't get all the lights, ornaments, and garland on until the 2nd.


On the 2nd I also put up our nativity scene and the stockings on the fireplace.



K-C had a Holiday Family Night on the evening of the 2nd. We took Alan to meet some of my co-workers and have his first encounter with Santa. I think it turned out pretty well.

Alan with Santa at the K-C Family night

I'm looking forward to having my family back over for Christmas at my house on December 27th. Bring on the carols and long mall lines!

No comments:

Post a Comment