The Simon family has decided to follow God's calling to adopt a little girl from Albania. Read more about our journey here.

Monday, February 1, 2010

It's February!

The month of love. The month of my sixth marathon (and last before giving birth). The month where I transition from trimester one to trimester two, which also means THE MONTH I GET TO TELL THE WORLD! Finally! January drug by. It was like watching paint dry!

I'm at 11 weeks right now, so I still have two more weeks until I'm in my second trimester. So, three weeks from now, everyone will know that I'm expecting.

Here is how I see the sequence of events playing out:

On February 9th I have my monthly meeting with my boss. During that meeting, I will tell him that I'm pregnant and will be taking two months off for maternity leave starting the end of August. I will also be telling him that I won't be able to travel internationally after the end of May. This may be difficult, as we will probably have to fit some projects in toward the beginning of the year rather than middle or end.

On February 11th, I will be mailing a package to Dad and Mindy. It will be a "Valentine's Day" gift with "Do not open until Valentine's Day" written on the outside. More about that later...

On February 12th I will be meeting Amy, Sam, Matt, and Mimi for dinner before the Myrtle Beach marathon. We will make the announcement to them during dinner.

On February 14th, I expect a call from my dad, who should have received my package. (In the package, I'm including a note for them to call me before they open the it.) Inside the package, they will find a framed picture of the sonogram. On the frame is written "I love my Grandpa and Memaw." Hopefully, he will be able to figure it out from that.

On February 16th, after returning from Myrtle Beach, we will try to meet Rob's parents for dinner. We are also giving them a gift, which has the same framed picture of the sonogram with "I love my Gramps and B-Ma" written on the frame.

On either February 18th or 19th (depending on her work schedule), we will head up to Oakwood to see my mom. The purpose of the trip (or so she thinks) is to take a look at what furniture we want to take for the new house. But really, she will also be receiving a gift - a framed sonogram with "I love my Grandma" on the frame.

After all the grandparents know, I'll be calling up Lisa and a couple of other people before I post my facebook message for the rest of the world to figure out. My facebook message will read: "Elizabeth Simon is The Incubator. I can make humans. What's your super power?"

This blog has definitely helped me keep the secret thus far. But as you can probably tell, I'm so ready to blurt it all out!

3 comments:

  1. Love it!! Only you would plan this so much that you already know what your facebook message will be! Cannot wait to meet my little niece or nephew!! When is your next appointment?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wish I could be there with you in Myrtle Beach!!!!!!! :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Next appointment is Thursday at 4:40pm. I'll post again on Friday after the appointment. :) We should be able to hear the heartbeat this time.

    ReplyDelete