The Simon family has decided to follow God's calling to adopt a little girl from Albania. Read more about our journey here.

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

It all happened faster than I thought

Well, all of the parents and grandparents know about the new baby now.

On Saturday, due to inclement weather, the Myrtle Beach marathon was cancelled. I was still able to ride in the bike race on Sunday, but since I didn't run the marathon and wasn't super sore, we decided to head home early. We met the Simons and Mom for dinner on Sunday night at Steak n Shake. We got their reaction on video, which I will post soon.

I had sent Dad his package on Thursday night. I thought that since I didn't get a call from him on Saturday, I wouldn't hear from him until at least today due to the holiday yesterday. Well, it must have come on Saturday and he just didn't get the mail until yesterday, because he called me late last night.

After my Dad's call, we called all of Robby's grandparents and our best friends to tell them over the phone.

So now the secret's out. I'm currently 13w0d today. If you count months, the first trimester ended yesterday. If you count weeks, the first trimester ends on Saturday. Hopefully everything will still be okay at our next appointment on March 2nd. It seems like so far between appointments, and even though I'm around the beginning of the second trimester, I'm still nervous that something is going to happen and we'll have to tell everyone the baby isn't coming afterall.

1 comment:

  1. Yea!! I'm glad you got to tell everyone!! And, great job on the bike race!! Can't wait to see the video of the grandparents reaction!! :)

    ReplyDelete