My boss came into town yesterday. He is based out of Dallas, so he comes every other month or so to check on how things are going in the Roswell office.
Since I am nearing my second trimester, and won't see him in person for two more weeks (at which point I will definitely be showing), I decided it best to tell him while he was in town.
He was supposed to stay three days, but when the storms started rolling in, he cut his visit short. I decided to catch him right when he got here, so that I wouldn't miss the opportunity.
Well, he is thrilled! He's so happy for us and didn't even want to talk about how we were going to deal with me being out for two months. He said we'll cross that bridge when we come to it, and proceeded to give me all kinds of advice as to how I need to eat and stay away from microwaves.
He was so excited that he couldn't keep him mouth shut. Once he started asking me a bunch of questions and telling me to name the baby after him, I pretty much had to tell the rest of the people in the office.
There are only three other people in our office area, but now they know before our parents know. I'm not exactly thrilled about that, but such is life.
Amy, Sam, Mimi, and Matt will be the next to know. I will be so glad when the secret is finally out, and I don't have to worry about hiding anything anymore.
I just hope the baby stays healthy through the rest of the six months.
No comments:
Post a Comment