Last Thursday night, Alan was up at 1:30am and didn't really go back to sleep all night. He would cry. I would put his paci in. He would be quiet for 15 minutes. Then he would cry again. This went on all the rest of the night.
When I went in to put the paci in, I would check his gums to see if maybe a tooth was coming. I would think I felt it, and then the next time I wouldn't feel it. It was as if it was teasing us. Finally at 3:30 when I thought I felt it again, I was smart enough to give him some infant Tylenol. It didn't seem to help though, as he continued to wake up ever 15 minutes.
The tooth finally broke through for good on Friday morning.
With the tooth came some separation anxiety that had never been there before. In the past, Alan would talk himself to sleep at night and go right back to sleep if I put his pacifier in when he woke up. Now when he notices me leave the room, he starts crying. I can't just put the pacifier in without letting him cry. In the past, he had gotten to where he would sleep through the night, from when I put him down around 8 until about 5am. Now, he is waking up multiple times a night. It's like having a newborn all over again.
In addition to nighttime separation anxiety, he has a little daytime anxiety as well. He is much more clingy. I can't leave the room without him noticing and crying for me to come back. It is really difficult to get any work done when I'm working from home now.
And the sleep deprivation continues...
No comments:
Post a Comment