The Simon family has decided to follow God's calling to adopt a little girl from Albania. Read more about our journey here.

Monday, March 14, 2011

Daylight Savings Time Woes

Who thought it was a good idea to flip our world upside down by changing the time twice a year?? Whoever it was obviously did not have an infant to deal with.

This weekend we changed our clocks for daylight savings time. It seems like an hour wouldn't make much difference, and on Sunday I didn't think it would be much of an issue. But Sunday night, when I was trying to get Alan ready for bed at what used to be 6:30pm instead of 7:30pm, I realized that it was going to be an issue.

First of all, it is still light now when I put him to bed. I know eventually, if we hadn't changed the clocks, it would be light still at 7:30. But I think Alan thinks he was just going down for a nap.

Second of all, we had a great bedtime routine: bath, PJs, nursing, story, "dessert" (his vitamin drops, which he loves), and then bed. Well, due to the time change, he had just eaten two hours before bed, so he wasn't ready to eat yet. So we had to mess with the routine and put him to bed and then get him up again to eat his last bottle.

Thirdly, the seasons are changing at the same time that the time is changing, which is causing allergies or colds. Alan's nose is running and he's coughing up a storm, so he isn't in the best of health right now.

Because of all these things, he did not sleep well last night. He was up most of the 10 o'clock hour and most of the midnight hour. Needless to say, the great sleep mommy got on Saturday was negated by the horrible sleep (or lack there of) last night.

No comments:

Post a Comment