The Simon family has decided to follow God's calling to adopt a little girl from Albania. Read more about our journey here.

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Mister Mom

Rob's mother usually watches Alan most days during the week. On Sunday, she took a nasty spill and had to get stitches on her forehead. The doctors said that she wasn't supposed to lift anything heavier than a gallon of milk for the next two days.

Alan is definitely heavier than a gallon of milk. I work from home on Tuesdays, so that wasn't a problem, but we had to make other arrangements for Alan on Monday. The daycare requires 24 hrs notice for drop in service to ensure they have enough staff available, so that option was out. Rob managed to rearrange the schedule at work so that he could be at home to watch Alan all day on Monday.

I am pleased to say that Rob did a fabulous job! It isn't easy staying with Alan sometimes. He can get cranky, and it's sometimes hard to figure out what exactly to do with him to keep him occupied.

Rob fed him his breakfast (cereal and yogurt), lunch (squash and cereal), and three bottles and gave him two naps. He only had to call me once to ask a question about lunch.

Sometimes I underestimate how great a dad Rob is. Alan was happy as can be when I got home from work. I'm sure he enjoyed spending time with just him and Daddy.

No comments:

Post a Comment