The Simon family has decided to follow God's calling to adopt a little girl from Albania. Read more about our journey here.

Friday, September 11, 2015

Marathon Week is coming!

Tonight I fly to South Dakota to start my week-of-marathons adventure.  I will be running a marathon in Baker, Montana on Monday (9/14), running one in Bowman, North Dakota on Tuesday (9/15), volunteering at the one in South Dakota on Wednesday (9/16), running one in Sundance, Wyoming on Thursday (9/17), and running one in Chadron, Nebraska on Friday (9/18).  

I am doing this crazy thing in hopes of raising money for my family’s adoption expenses.  Some of you know by now that my husband and I are in the process of adopting a girl from Albania.  We are currently in phase two of the adoption process, which is the international approval to adopt (also called the Dossier).  We don’t have a specific child yet, so we are calling our little girl “Sissy” since she will be our son’s little sister.  

The barrier to adoption can be quite high, which is likely why more families don’t choose this route.  There are so many children out there that need forever homes, but the adoption process itself is quite expensive and time consuming.  We estimate that the process will cost between $35k and $45k and will likely take at least two years before it’s all over.   As such, we are fundraising to help break through this barrier.

If you are interested in finding out more about my story, please visit the fundraising website at:  http://anython.com/running-for-sissy-simon.  Note that this website doesn’t work on the version of Internet Explorer that most people have on their work laptops, but it does work in Google Chrome, Safari, and Foxfire, as well as on mobile devices.

I will be posting updates on a daily basis as I run the races on both the fundraising site, and on my blog (http://runnerchik26-2.blogspot.com).  I hope you can share this wonderful experience with me through pictures, messages, thoughts and prayers!


No comments:

Post a Comment