The Simon family has decided to follow God's calling to adopt a little girl from Albania. Read more about our journey here.

Monday, August 24, 2015

100-miles on the Books

Yesterday, I completed my second 100-mile training week on the way to run four marathons in five days to raise money for our adoption expenses.  This was my last really long training week before the races, as they are three weeks away now.  I will be tapering the rest of the time with a 20-mile, 70-mile, and 40-mile week left.  Sign up to follow me at:  http://anython.com/running-for-sissy-simon.

We are still in the process of gathering our Dossier paperwork, and have had a few bumps along the way.  Yesterday, when I was paying bills, I noticed that the charge for our marriage certificate had been refunded.  I went onto the website where I ordered it to look up our order, and it said it was cancelled.  I have no idea why it was cancelled, because I certainly didn't cancel it!  So now I have an outstanding email to the company to see why it was cancelled and make sure it is in progress so we can get that piece of paperwork.

I week ago, I received the wrong divorce certificate.   For those who don't know, I was married and divorced in college (we all make stupid mistakes, right?).  As a part of the dossier, I have to have a certified copy of my divorce decree.  They sent me one from a Michael and Elizabeth Adams who were married in New Jersey in 1993 (I was 14 at that time) and had two kids.  That is definitely not me!  So I had to call them up and tell them that they sent me the wrong one.  Now they have to reorder it.  The divorce happened in North Carolina, so once I get the correct one, I have to send it back off to the Secretary of State of North Carolina to get it apostilled, which is going to take another month, probably.

We started the paperwork gathering for the dossier in mid-July.  One month later, we are probably about a third of the way through.  It is slow going, but I'm hoping to have it done by end of September or early October.

No comments:

Post a Comment