The Healthy Runner's Diet
Design your Running Diet
The Runner's Diet
The Distance Runner's Diet
The Runner's Diet
A Healthy Diet For Runners: Meal Plan
Running Nutrition - Diet Tips for Runners
Exercise of the Week: Dumbbell Bench Press

Many people who hear "bench press" think of body builders or bulky muscles. But the dumbbell bench press is a great exercise for runners. You don't have to have a bench to do the bench press. I often do the exercise on the floor. If you have a bench available, by all means, use it.
Lay down with your back flat on either the bench or the floor. Your feet should be flat on the floor. Grasp a dumbbell in each hand, palms facing forward (i.e. toward your knees), arms bent at about a 90 degree angle at the elbow and weights next to your chest. Push the weights straight up into the air. Your palms should still be facing forward. I like to "clink" the ends of the weights together as I count my repetitions. Do three sets of ten to twelve repetitions.
No comments:
Post a Comment