The Simon family has decided to follow God's calling to adopt a little girl from Albania. Read more about our journey here.

Monday, April 18, 2011

These Socks are Made for Walkin'

Alan is quickly becoming a good walker, provided he's holding on to someone's fingers.

About two weeks ago when I was working from home, I showed Alan how to walk. I stood him up and held onto his hands. Then I lifted one side of his body up and gently nudged his foot forward. I did the same with the other side. We awkwardly walked from the office to the kitchen. It was a long, slow process. He was pretty good with his left foot and would move that one without my nudging after a few steps, but his right foot would get stuck.

We didn't practice much after that. I only remember a few times. But on Saturday, April 9th, he started moving his feet on his own without me having to shift his weight from one side to another. On Sunday, April 10th, he started pulling himself up from a sitting to standing position if he was holding on to my hands.

This weekend he got much better at walking, and now he doesn't want to sit down any more. He just wants to practice his new skill. The funny thing is that he won't pull himself up when someone isn't holding his hands. So if I can get him to play on the floor, he still can't go anywhere. He has absolutely no interest in crawling, it seems.

No comments:

Post a Comment