The Simon family has decided to follow God's calling to adopt a little girl from Albania. Read more about our journey here.

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Spotting again

So Monday afternoon, I had a little bit of spotting. I know this happens frequently during the first trimester, but I didn't know how common it was during the second trimester. I didn't have any other symptoms (cramping or anything), so I wasn't too concerned about it, but thought that perhaps I should call anyway to find out.

I called the KP advice line yesterday during lunch. After waiting on hold for 30 minutes, the OB nurse finally came on. She took my information and asked me a bunch of questions. She said the doctor would look over it, and someone would call me back.

They called back and said that the doctor wanted to see me within 24 hrs. I still wasn't too concerned, because the spotting was light and I had no cramping. But I agreed to come in right after work.

I was about 15 minutes late for my 4:30 appointment (gotta love Atlanta traffic). They took all my vital signs and brought me to the ultrasound room. The doctor came in, asked some questions, and did an ultrasound. The baby's heart was beating just fine, although the baby wasn't moving around at all - must have been sleeping. She examined my cervix and said that it was swollen and had some blood streaks on it, but nothing to be concerned about. She pronounced me healthy.

I don't think I would call this a scare. I was really not that worried the entire time, since I didn't have any pain or cramping. But I did get to see the little one again. I also found out that I needed to schedule a separate appointment for the 20 week ultrasound with the radiology department prior to my next OB appointment. So the ultrasound is now scheduled for April 5th and the follow up exam for April 6th.

No comments:

Post a Comment