The Simon family has decided to follow God's calling to adopt a little girl from Albania. Read more about our journey here.

Friday, March 12, 2010

Running truly is the cure

So yesterday I was still spotting. It had been two days. Sure, the doctor had pronounced me healthy and said I was fine, but when it happens you still wonder.

So last night I decided to go for a run. It worked last time to stop the spotting, so why not test the theory again.

Rob was kind enough to walk me down to the basement to make sure the boogie man wasn't there. Yes, until we get an alarm system, I'm scared of the basement. The basement and the laundry room are the easiest places for a burgler to access our house because they are hidden from the road and easy to get in. Hopefully we'll get the alarm system put in by the end of the month.

Anyway, so I went downstairs and ran five miles on the treadmill my in-laws were so very kind enough to give me.

Today I have no spotting.

At my next doctor's appointment, I am going to make them put that in my records. My theory is that exercise stops spotting. I'm sure this has never been tested, because when I called the advice nurse, their advice was to take it easy, put my feet up, etc. If they knew anything about me, they would know I wouldn't do that anyway.

I bet they tell everyone that, so they have never tested the theory that exercise is actually good for you when you're spotting.

My thoughts are, if you are having a miscarriage and that is the reason for the spotting, there's nothing you can do to stop it anyway. By the time you have the spotting, it's a done deal. So why make yourself more depressed by sitting around doing nothing?

1 comment:

  1. So, is that why you said you were frustrated on facebook yesterday? Because you were spotting?
    Just to let you know, I'm praying for you and your sweet baby! I don't want anything to happen! I know that it's probably nothing to worry about, because there are plenty of pregnant women who spot throughout their pregnancies. But I'm praying anyway!! :)

    ReplyDelete