It's the end of week two of my Minute to Win it competition. I've been doing pretty good so far. I take pictures of the clock when I start and when I end so I don't miscalculate my time. Here's what I've done thus far.
1/10 - On Tuesday I went downstairs at 7:43pm. I ran 5 miles and stretched for 10 minutes. Then I did 14 minutes on the stationary bike. My total time was 64 minutes that day.
1/11 - I missed working out this day. Wednesdays are difficult because of Bible study that night.
1/12 - I went downstairs at 6:58pm and did the stationary bike for 60 minutes as I listened to a conference call with some people in Singapore for work. I took an hour break and then went back downstairs at 8:58pm and walked on the treadmill for 67 minutes while I listened to another conference call for work with the same people in Singapore.
1/13 - Friday we traveled to Phoenix so I could run the Arizona marathon. I walked through the airport from the Marta to gate D9 instead of taking the train. It took 20 minutes.
1/14 - Saturday was the race expo. While I did a good deal of walking, I didn't time any of it because it was off and on, and not constant. So no minutes to count here.
1/15 - I ran the Arizona marathon in 4 hours and 3 minutes for a total of 243 minutes of exercise. I stretched for longer than 10 minutes and also had to walk a way to my car, but I didn't time myself, so I'm not counting that. We also went bowling afterwards. Rob thinks I could count some time bowling, but again, since it wasn't constant exercise, I'm not counting it.
1/16 - We flew back on Monday, and again I counted the walking from gate D2 to the Marta as 20 minutes of exercise.
1/17 - I took Tuesday off. I needed a day off to recover from the marathon.
1/18 - I ran 8 miles on Wednesday. It took me 80 minutes. It was a hard run, as I was still recovering, but it was a good one. I stretched for at least 10 minutes after my run.
1/19 - I got up at 4:41am and ran a 7 miler. It took me 64 minutes to run. I stretched for 10 minutes afterwards. I went back downstairs after putting Alan to bed and did some strength training starting at 8:23pm for 30 minutes. I did an arm tabata, abs, pushups, and planks.
1/20 - I woke up at 4:51am and did 20 minutes of ab work. After work, I went downstairs at 8:05pm and did 60 minutes on the stationary bike and 20 minutes of strength. For my strength workout I did squats, lunges, the resistance band, and the weight bar.
1/21 - Yesterday I set out to run 15 miles. I got caught in a thunderstorm, so I had to take a mid-run break to wait out the storm. While waiting under the awning of a random office building, I ran in place. I had to do that about 20 minutes while the storm passed. I ended up running only 13.12 miles total by the time I got back to my car - soaking wet. Oh, well. At least I still got the full 150 minutes of exercise in.
Last night Rob came downstairs with me and we listened to Luke on the CD player while I exercised. I did some ab work, my arm tabata, and some butt exercises, which took 53 minutes total. Then I walked on the treadmill for 15 minutes while we listened to the rest of the CD.
So I didn't meet my goal of 120 mins per day, but I am getting better each week. The first week I averaged 44 minutes of cardio and 11 minutes of strength each day. The second week I averaged 90 minutes of cardio and 18 minutes of strength each day.
Time to kick it up another notch!
No comments:
Post a Comment