But not too long ago, although it seems like forever!
I was backing up my documents at work and found this letter that "Alan wrote" back in March. I thought it was too cute not to share. I can't believe how much has happened that I have forgotten already.
March 30, 2011
Dear Aunt Stephanie, Uncle Jason, and cousins,
I hope you are doing well and surviving this winter with all the snow. I saw snow this year because we had it twice! I’m glad that it’s warming up, though, and I don’t have to wear my big, bulky jacket anymore that takes up all the room in my car seat.
I have grown a lot since I last saw you. At my six month appointment, I weighed 15lbs and 7oz. I was 27” long. I’m wearing nine-month clothes now even though I’m only seven months old right now.
I’ve started getting teeth this month! I got my first tooth on March 3rd and my second on March 25th. The first didn’t hurt very much. In fact, Mommy didn’t even know it was coming through. But the second one was horrible! I cried all night long, and my mouth hurt so badly. And now that I’m in so much pain, I don’t want Mommy to leave me alone. I can’t wait for all these teeth to come so I can feel normal again.
I’m sitting up really well now. Mommy can give me toys, and I can just play away on the floor. She can even leave me alone for short periods of time, although I don’t like when she does. I’ve started rocking on up onto my knees a little when I’m sitting, but then my feet come out from under me, and I end up on my tummy. Sometimes I’m okay with that and just play on my tummy. But most of the time, I don’t like being on my tummy.
I’m getting the idea of what walking is like. Mommy holds my hands, and I have started moving my feet, almost taking steps. It’s more like dancing right now, because I don’t quite have control over them yet.
I really like banging on tables and playing with paper. But Mommy and Daddy don’t like it when I put the paper in my mouth. When I do, they stick their fingers in my mouth to get it out.
My menu has really expanded lately. I get cereal and yogurt for breakfast, and cereal and a veggie for lunch and dinner. I have eaten green beans, peas (my favorite), Brussels sprouts, zucchini, asparagus, celery, spinach, carrots (another favorite), yellow squash, sweet potatoes, butternut squash, mushrooms (they gave me horrible diaper rash!), bell peppers, and mixed veggies (carrots, cauliflower, broccoli, and summer squash). Yesterday I tried my first fruit – avocados. I didn’t like it much, but the first time I try a new food, I’m usually not too fond of it. I get to try apples soon.
I can’t wait to see you in April. Have a good trip. I love you!
Love,
Alan
No comments:
Post a Comment