The Simon family has decided to follow God's calling to adopt a little girl from Albania. Read more about our journey here.

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

9 months

Everyone said that it took nine months to look the way I did after having the baby, so it will take nine months to get back to what I looked like before the baby. Well, nine months is here, officially, today. And I still look like I'm four months pregnant. :( So much for that theory.

A lot has happened in the past nine months. Heck, a lot has happened in the past month! Alan has gone from sitting unassisted (albiet unsteadily, as was demonstrated when he fell backwards and hit his head on the concrete floor of a pavilion we were at when some other mommas and babies) to walking while holding our hands to crawling and pulling up...everywhere! Life is no longer safe for this little one.

Alan has also gotten four teeth so far. He got his first tooth at six and a half months and is currently cutting his fourth today. He has two more coming in on top too, but they haven't broken through yet.

Alan has always been a babbler. He's talking like crazy these days, although he hasn't really said his first word yet. He says "mama" and "dada", but doesn't know what he's saying. He did try to say "gold" while playing with the gold trim of the daybed in our office. He can't quite get that 'O' sound though, so it comes out more like "gld." That's as close to his first word as we have gotten.

At his appointment today, he got two more vaccines and measurements. He weighs 18lbs and 14oz (36th percentile) and is 29 and a quarter inches tall (85th percentile). His head is big too at the 86th percentile. No wonder his clothes don't fit over his head. He's a healthy, growing, moving, wild child!

As for me, I don't feel like I can really get back into shape until I've stopped nursing. Once I stop nursing, I will actually get some decent sleep (because I won't be getting up in the middle of the night to pump), I can get my hormones back to normal (and not be starving all the time), and start really exercising. Three more months until Alan turns one!!! I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment