Yesterday, as I battled traffic, I drove past my old running route. This was my six mile route that I would run three or so times a week. I could add on some additional miles in the neighborhood at the end of the street if I needed to. It was a nice, fairly flat, sidewalked route where I would "race" cars (who were stuck in rush hour traffic, so they weren't really going fast). I used to pick out a car and see if I could beat it to the next light.
All those great memories of being free to run as I pleased caused me to break into tears. I cried as I weaved my way through Dunwoody trying to get to Norcross through the mess of traffic that was also avoiding I-285 due to an accident. People who saw me probably thought I was crying because of some Valentine's Day mishap or something.
I miss those days.
On a lighter note, Alan hit some mini milestones last weekend. Friday was the first day that we gave him a bath, and he didn't cry through the whole thing. Friday, Saturday, and Sunday he slept for 10 or more hours during the night. I may have had to put his pacifier in once during those nights (I can't remember...all the nights run into each other these days), but I didn't have to get up to feed him. I thought maybe this would continue, but Monday he returned to his normal 8 hours.
Alan has now tried green beans, zucchini, peas, carrots, sweet potatoes, spinach, asparagus, and celery. He likes the carrots and sweet potatoes the best, and isn't too fond of the asparagus, although he will eat it. He turns six months on Thursday, and we are going to start cereals. Maybe that will get him sleeping double digits again.
I know what you mean. I used to love just going out for a walk, run, swim, etc....
ReplyDelete