This weekend as we were driving somewhere, we passed an apartment building. All I could think of was how wonderful it would be to live in an apartment building again...alone.
Back in my single days, I didn't appreciate being single. I didn't like being alone. I almost always had a boyfriend. And I'm one of those people who doesn't have a lot of friends, but rather has a few really good friends. Quality over quantity. But that means that when your good friends are busy, you don't have anyone to hang out with.
Now that I have a baby to deal with, and I'm exhausted all the time and never have time to myself, I just want to go back in time and be alone.
Don't get me wrong. I absolutely love my husband. I couldn't really imagine my life without him and wouldn't want any guy other than him. And I love my little boy. He is a wonderful joy in my life, most of the time.
But sometimes, I just want to run away.
I wonder what it would be like to be in the witness protection program and just disappear one day. Here one day, gone the next. No one knows what happened to you or where you are.
Hang in there, girl!!! It does get easier as they get older. And I know the feeling--I often need to get away for a few hours to have some alone time. That's ok! Just don't get so overwhelmed that you don't enjoy this time--it goes by so quickly, and you'll eventually miss it!
ReplyDeleteThis is totally normal. I am with Alex 24/7 (and even worse now because he is refusing to take a bottle). I often say I am just going to run away to a hotel somewhere, without my phone for 24-48 hours. We need breaks. It'd be really nice just to have some time to myself...to soak in a hot bubble bath with a good book..oh that sounds lovely! Everyone says you will miss this stage, but honestly I am not going to miss never getting time to myself. It's something I've always cherished and I miss that!
ReplyDeleteTo every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose. Take some time away if you can. I hit a wall when Evie was about 6 months old and actually just took a night off from being mommy to go stay at my parents house. Parenting is fun and a blessing, but nobody tells you that it's literally 24 hours a day, 7 days a week... nonstop. Seriously, take a break and recharge if you get the chance. An hour or two, a day or two... whatever you need! Just be sure to come back. =o)
ReplyDelete