His stats are: 10lbs 15oz, 25" long, and 15.75" head circumference. He is in the 25th percentile for weight and the 95th percentile for length. What a tall, skinny boy! If it's right that you take the 2 month stats and multiply it by 3 to get how tall the child will end up, Alan will be 6'3" tall when he's done growing.
We are following a modified vaccination schedule. He will not get any more than two shots in one appointment, but will have to go more frequently. He got two vaccines at this appointment - Hib and Prevnar. They are both for bacterial meningitis, and the Prevnar is for ear infections and pneumonia also. As a result, he was fussy and clingy most of the day yesterday and had a fever of 100.4 at one point. We gave him some generic infant Tylenol yesterday evening, which seemed to help. His temperature was back down to normal this morning when I took it.
He's growing like a champ, and I will be glad when some of the big milestones are hit. Everyone says that time goes by so fast and they grow up too fast, but I wouldn't mind skipping this stage to get to the "good stuff." I can't wait until he can 1) hold his head up consistently (he's doing some now, but still bobbling), 2) sit up and be more interactive with the world, and 3) eat solid food and no longer has to have breast milk.
Three years old is my favorite time. Anastasia was the most adorable child at three. Garrett is three now and is so much fun. Three-year-olds can play, carry on conversations, use the bathroom, sleep through the night, and really have a personality. I don't want to wish Alan's life away, but I can't wait until he turns three.
Here's some of Alan's two month pictures:


Here are some links to videos of Alan interacting at two months:
Alan Standing
Alan Talking
Alan with cousin Lily
No comments:
Post a Comment