Yesterday, I started having contractions that also had cramping with them. They felt sort of like a menstrual cramp in my lower abdomen. They started around noon and lasted all day. They weren't regular though. There would be 20 minutes between two of them, and then 6 minutes between the next two, then 12 minutes between the next two. But the contractions were different from the ones I've been having for the past three weeks now, so I thought for sure it would turn into something.
I went to bed last night and they completely went away.
Today, I've had a few, but they weren't as intense or as often as they were yesterday.
What a disappointment.
Everyone who has had a baby says that "You'll know when it's the real thing." Well, apparently, I won't. How am I supposed to know when I have so many false alarms? First there was the Saturday when the Braxton-Hicks were regular at 10 minutes apart all night long and then went completely away the next day. When I woke up that morning, I told Rob that I thought that we would have the baby shortly after that. Then there was yesterday's crampy Braxton-Hicks that went away at night. I texted Rob at work and said that I thought we would have the baby soon.
How frustrating!
I have walked 7 miles today so far. I'm taking a break and walking a mile each hour, so I'll end up walking a total of 9 miles by the end of the work day. When I'm sitting at my computer, I'm sitting/bouncing on my exercise ball.
I know the baby isn't going to come until he's good and ready, but I am so tired of false alarms. If you're not going to come, don't make me think you are!
No comments:
Post a Comment