As of today, I am medically considered to be at full term. I am 37 weeks along, so the baby would be safe to come anytime between now and 42 weeks. At 42 weeks, they start talking induction at Kaiser. After 43 weeks, the homebirth midwife won't deliver at home. So, I'm essentially on a five-six week timetable right now.
Our homebirth kit is scheduled to be delivered tomorrow. We have our home visit with the midwife on Wednesday. As long as I go into labor after we have the homebirth kit, I'll be happy. It would be great to have the baby come Wednesday even, although I'm not holding my breath. Operation Keep This Little Guy In has now become Operation Get This Little Guy Out!
My ideal birthdate, 8/9/10, is exactly a week away. I am doing everything I can to prepare my body now that I'm in the safe zone. I ran 3 miles this morning and will either run or walk every day this week. Rob will hopefully be helping to soften my cervix with his prostoglandins frequently this week ;-) I'll be eating eggplant parmesan on Sunday and getting another order to eat Monday at lunch and dinner if the baby hasn't come by then.
I have a Kaiser appointment tomorrow, but I am going to decline a vaginal exam if they want to do it. I don't want to risk the chance of them doing the exam and accidentally breaking my water, since I'm GBS positive. So, no more vaginal exams until either my water has already broken or I feel the urge to push.
Speaking of GBS positive, the midwife gave me a huge list of home remedies. I spent over $100 at the health food store on things like Zinc supplements, garlic pills, Vitamin C supplements, probiotics, etc to try to make it as safe as possible for the baby.
Now it's just a waiting game...
No comments:
Post a Comment