The Simon family has decided to follow God's calling to adopt a little girl from Albania. Read more about our journey here.

Monday, August 9, 2010

8/9/10

Today is 8/9/10. To an accountant, that is a perfect day to have a baby. Unfortunately, my baby is apparently not an accountant.

I have tried every "natural inducer" I can get my hands on: walking, running, squats, bouncing on an exercise ball, sex, pineapple, Scalini's eggplant parmesan, black licorice, acupuncture pressure points. Nothing has worked.

On Saturday night, I had regular contractions all night long that were ten minutes apart consistently. I thought for sure the baby was coming soon based on that. But here I am, two days later, and still no baby. I'm still having contractions, but they aren't regular. They are just annoying.

Everyone says that you will know when you're having real contractions. Because of this, I have stopped timing them. I'll just wait until they're painful enough or something tells me that they're real. I'm tired of false alarms.

No comments:

Post a Comment