Saturday while Rob was at a meeting, I started taping around the baseboards, doors, and windows. I used tape that Mom gave me along with her painting supplies. Well, apparently, if tape isn't used for awhile, it loses its stickiness. It kept pulling away from the wall.
When Rob got home, he started helping me prime. He apparently has this huge fear of failing for some reason. I have never seen this with him before in anything he's tried, and he's tried a lot of things that he's never done before. But he constantly was saying how much he hates painting and didn't want to do it in the first place. I told him that he didn't have to help (and honestly, his "helping" was probably more harmful anyway because he seemed to rush everything, causing paint to drip everywhere). If he just calmed down, had a good attitude about it, and took it slow and steady, everything would be fine.
Ultimately, we got primer on all of the walls, despite the drip marks and dripping paint all over the drop clothes (thank goodness for drop cloths!). It's not very even, by any means, but I think it's enough to keep the brown from showing through the blue. I am going to have to get some sandpaper to sand down some of the areas so that the final painting isn't bumpy. I think I will also get some new drop cloths and retape everything so that there isn't paint all over where we are trying to walk. What a mess!

I was hoping that I wouldn't have to re-paint the trim, but it looks like I will have to do that. Since someone was rushing, and the tape wasn't sticking, there are way too many spots where the primer dripped down onto the trim.
On another note, the baby is kicking me in the bladder now, and it is making me have to visit the bathroom just about every hour.
Also, we have our first appointment with our homebirth midwife tomorrow, so I'll post on that either tomorrow or Wednesday.
No comments:
Post a Comment